Cosmoprof (http://www.cosmoprof-asia.com/) is one of the most important exhibitions in the cosmetics industry in Asia. It is held in Hong Kong’s convention and exhibition center every November. Our cosmetic packaging sourcing team was visiting the trade show. As usual, there’s new excitement every year. We were able to see new ideas in the packaging industry and develop new relationship from China and Asia’s leading cosmetic packaging suppliers.
Admission Badge, Exhibition Guide and Supplier Catalog
Sample Review – At one trade show, one may compare the subtle quality difference among the suppliers of the same category and find the ones that best matches his own strategy in quality and cost.
One can meet with the worlds’ leading manufacturers and their local competitors.
Well, Hong Kong is a nice place to enjoy after work!
The border measures taken by the Chinese Customs has been ever increasing. Recently starting in late October, export shipments involving UL, HDMI, Bluetooth, SD marks etc, which are widely used on consumer electronics, were heavily inspected by customs officials. A lot of delays were caused and infringing shipments seized.
Companies importing from China are reminded to review carefully how their products sourced from China are associated with the technology intellectual properties mentioned above and if proper licenses are obtained by the supply chain.
Due diligence following the below steps are recommended.
- Identify what proprietary technologies are used with the product
- Lookup publication by the owner of the IP (intellectual property) on what claims and requirements they make about the usage of their IP
- Check with the China suppliers if they can provide the evidence of proper licensing
- Verify the licenses with the utilities provided by the IP owners
- Abandon or rectify the infringing supplies