Glass Product Trading Companies
The contacts you may most likely find when sourcing glass packaging from China are trading companies. These companies may have a wide range of models in their catalogs for the buyer to choose from and they make money by reducing cost in the sources and adding their margins in the final prices. In most cases these companies would tell you that they are factories or they have stakes in the factories that they present. However they will never tell you where the factory is and what it is. In fact we have learned that the trading companies rarely have exclusive distributorship. They may actually even buy from different factories instead of a single source. The trading companies control over the factories vary. The larger their trading value is, the tighter relationship they have with the factory.
If one does want to source from these trading companies, it is very important for a buyer to know exactly what the business model is with the trading company he is dealing with. They tend to lie about their relationship with the factory because they don’t want to lose the business opportunity with the buyer if they tell the truth of how they operate. The buyer may want to encourage honesty in such matters and assure that their add-value as a trading company is appreciated.
Another type of contacts you may encounter in your sourcing is individual who claims to be representing a factory. In fact he or she may be a broker acting on his own and may mislead you in the whole process. In the end you may end up buying from a factory that is not the one that was “represented”.
Without professional assistance (or without great luck), the type of party that a foreign buyer is the least likely to reach is a real factory.
The reasons for this issue are:
– There are flooding trading companies and brokers on the internet and they make it very difficult to tell who is who.
– Glass factories are filled with customer orders and they don’t really have much incentive to make marketing efforts to make themselves known to new foreign buyers. Most factories don’t even have websites or domains.
– Very few glass factories have a strong workforce for foreign trading.
Despite the difficulty in developing relationship with real glass factories, the advantages of dealing with them directly are enormous. To name a few:
– Glass factories are capital intensive. Therefore your sales contract with the factory are well guaranteed by the factory’s ability to remedy issues.
– You can exchange AQL standards with the factory so you both parties are on the same standard of quality requirements to avoid disputes.
– You can send your representative to monitor quality control in production time or at the end of the production whereas in other cases you are not permitted with the access to production site.
– Factories have their strength, weakness and specialty in their production capabilities. By having direct relationship with the glass factories you are enabled to select the best fitting one for your project.
Sourcing Spectrum as a sourcing agency have extensive experience in dealing with glass factories and is the best sourcing partner for companies requiring glass packaging for cosmetics, food and beverage.